Simply put: a plurality of elders overseeing wvBc corporately as well as the individual house churches in four different areas.
wvBc is led by a plurality of biblically qualified elders who equally share leadership by overseeing the mission, vision, values, and doctrine of the church as well as the responsibility of shepherding oversight (see Acts 20:17-18, Titus 1:5, James 5:14, 1 Peter 5:1-2). Currently, wvBc has six elders who each collectively lead the church together and individually oversee house churches and house church leaders.
The elders of wvBc believe that our current structure & form must be designed to enable the fulfillment of what God has called us to as a church.
The desire of the Elders at wvBc is to practice 5 Essential Biblical Practices: Together we will...
- Love God, love all people, and encourage one another
- Live and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus
- Make disciples and teach them as we go
- Hear from the LORD through His Word and follow Jesus
- Pray and walk in the power of the Spirit
Everything we do will be filtered through these 5 essential practices to make a determination if it promotes them in a way that is best. We believe that the House Church model will better promote these 5 practices at wvBc.
wvBc gathers in three separate ways: corporately as a whole church, in individual house churches, and regionally with two or more house churches. The frequency and form of all our various gathering sizes will likely be different from month to month. The house churches are all individual components that together comprise wvBc as a whole.
- They are not independent stand-alone entities.
- They are all under the shepherding oversight of the elders of wvBc.
- They all affirm and teach according to the Statement of Faith of wvBc.
- They all embrace the Five Essentials Practices.
However, they are all autonomous in the sense that they determine how they need to organize and what they need to do in order to accomplish the mission. The churches are organized regionally to enable them to most effectively reach a designated missional focus. Presently we have designated four regions (patterned after Acts 1:8, Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and abroad). Our regions are the city of Surprise, the adult communities, the city of El Mirage, and abroad.